I keep seeing a small quote pop up that makes me very happy.
"I'd rather be vain than learn to hate myself again."
I wish to epitomise that quote. I want to submerge myself in it, let it coat my hair and sink into my skin. I want to personify that quote, become the quintessence of self-love.
So yes, I will flood my Instagram with selfies. I will put a full face of makeup on and then just sit at home all day. I will walk down the street like I own it. I will be pretty, and I will be liberated.
And you know what?
I am so fucking happy.
Last night, I was lying in bed waiting to drift off to sleep, and one phrase was on repeat in my mind. Not enough to keep me awake, just enough for me to be aware of it.
"I feel happy, I feel liberated."
So many people go through their lives thinking "this person completes me". I'll let you in on a little secret that took me almost 19 years to realise.
You do not need anyone to complete you, because you are not incomplete.
I'm going to repeat that, because it's important.
You do not need anyone to complete you, because you are not incomplete.
I love you all, but more importantly, I love myself.
Alex
No comments:
Post a Comment